WinPE support and virtual mount functionality

Home Forums PFM Audit Package End User Support WinPE support and virtual mount functionality

This topic contains 8 posts, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jean-Luc GAUTIER 1 week, 4 days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I use for years Pismo and it is an absolutely fabulous tools, powerful and very light (4MB!)
    I just regret that the virtual-mount feature has disappeared.
    So, I use version 1.73 to mount ISOs on a server and I share all this on the network for my installations.
    Indeed with the new versions of Pismo, the creation of a symbolic link does not allow access to the content of the monted ISO via a shared network access. A junction don’t work too.
    I need to keep my directory structure when I mount and share the ISO. (C: \ Volumes\… is not possible for that)
    So I do not have the choice and actualy I must use version 1.73 on my server. Can you reenable this functionality ?

But today to go further in what I do, I need to use the cool feature of Privates Folder from the environments Microsoft WAIK, ADK (WinPE x86 & x64)
    But I can not install or run Pismo (pfm mount) in theses environments.

Would it be possible to support a version of Pismo on this environment (I do not need the version 1.73 in particular) ?
    If not please give me more informations about the windows dll you use and the operations performed by the setup during the installation.
    I scanned the log file, but failed to replicate for make everything work properly.
    For example, I have a problem loading / launching the pfmfs_190.sys / inf module which is very important.
    For the rest a regsvr32 dll work properly and I can create a new PFO file from WinPE, but I can’t mount it to access and write on it.
    I have to use it from the WinPE client machine for security reasons.

Thank you for your help and your response

Best regard

Long life to Pismo Technic Inc.

Joe Lowe

For installing PFM to headless Windows installs: Try the PFM test package instead of the audit package.
    pfm-190-testing-win.exe -h
    pfm-190-testing-win.exe install

You can share mounted ISOs with current PFM builds, no need to use build 173:
    pfm mount -l c:\shared\somecontainer.iso
    mklink /j c:\shared\somecontainer c:\volumes\somecontainer.iso

The virtual mount point functionality is not coming back. It was dropped to increase compatibility with 3rd party system extensions (anti-virus, undelete, encryption, cloud storage) and to increase compatibility with the increasing number of “symlink aware” applications that have come since Vista was released in 2007 (such as explorer).

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.
    When I launch pfm-191-testing-win.exe install I have these errors :

ERROR: License file “X:\Windows\Temp\pfm-191-testing-win-XYZ…\pfm-license-*.txt” is missing.
    ERROR: Core install failed.

In “X:\Windows\Temp\pfm-191-testing-win-XYZ…” the license file “pfm-license-testing.txt” exist.

I have try with the build 190 and I have the same error

Thank you for your help and your response

Best regard

Joe Lowe

I just ran the test package install successfully on a windows 10 and a windows 8.1 system from an administrator cmd prompt. I assume you are seeing this install error only on Windows PE.

Yes absolutely

Can you help me to work in the Winpe environment please or add this environment in a next release ?

Best regard

Hello

Could you please answer me ?

Best regard

Joe Lowe

I have noted the issue. I don’t expect I will add support for the PE environment any time soon, but if some business case arises then maybe.

Hello,

I haven’t see your reply

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.