PFM Audit Package not working on Windows 10 Enterprise – Driver not signed

Home Forums PFM Audit Package End User Support PFM Audit Package not working on Windows 10 Enterprise – Driver not signed

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 posts, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joe Lowe 2 years, 11 months.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • user243

Hello,

I was recently upgraded by my company to Windows 10 Enterprise. I tried now to install the PFM Audit Package. First installation went fine, but after a while a message popped up saying that the installation of an unsigned driver was blocked. Consequently, when I now try to mount my pfo file, I get an error message saying that the mounting process failed. Could you create an installation package with a signed driver?

Thanks,
    Andy

Joe Lowe

You can verify the digital signature on the download package in the properties dialog in expxlorer. You also can verify the signature on the installed driver, at c:\windows\system32\drivers\pfmfs_184.sys .

If the system is complaining about the driver signature, it is likely because the driver is not WHQL signed by Microsoft. I have WHQL signed the driver in the past, but it brings additional expense in time and money and delay, and has not been necessary for the type of driver in the PFM package. I will look at this and resolve it in the next release.

You may be able to work-around this by disabling secure-boot in your system BIOS.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/drivers/install/kernel-mode-code-signing-policy–windows-vista-and-later-

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.